"To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted." -- Bill Bryson

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is It Friday Yet?

Only a few more days until the trip begins. I cannot wait and these last few days of work have been DRAGGING. On the plus side, Sarah created a specific itinerary on Yahoo.** We'll see if we can stick to the itinerary. Not sure it one day in NYC will be enough for me, but I will be most excited to see the rest of the country. Apparently Graceland is on our 'must-see' list. As I have a great love for Elvis, this is very exciting. Philly should also be an adventure. It's the only place on our trip that I have never been too PLUS a friend of mine from Austin is from there and conveniently will be visiting so we will have a built-in tour guide.


**Side note: Stemming from a conversation with her father, Sarah decided to call our trip the "Young & Stupid? Yes. Have Fun Trip." We shall refer to it as such from here on out


In completely unrelated news:
I took a mini road trip to Houston last week to see Manchester United play the MLS All-Stars. I never remember to count Houston as a trip since I'm from there, but I suppose technically it is a different city. I had a fabulous time at Reliant Stadium (home of the Houston Texans). While the game was a complete shut out and the All-Stars were on the verge of being totally embarrassed, it was really cool being surrounded by soccer fans. The longest running wave I've ever seen occurred during the game AND I ate some truly delicious stadium nachos.


I'll keep you posted on my trip....surely I'll have some good stories to share! Happy travels.

1 comment:

  1. I just checked the Graceland link. For an extra fee you can tour Elvis' riding stable. "Artifacts on display include saddles used by Elvis" . In other words you can see where he put his butt. Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete