"To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted." -- Bill Bryson

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Beginnings of a Hawaiian Adventure

This trip has technically been in the works for the past three years. That sounds completely strange, but it's totally true. Every three years my lucky parents get to go to Kona for a conference that my dad attends for his job. This has been happening every three years for a very long time. Last time, my sister and I got to join them and it was amazing, of course.









Need I say more?

Since then I've kept the idea in the back of my mind that I could go again for the next conference. Of course, three years is a pretty decent amount of time. The last time I went was my senior year of college and this time around I am actually back in school. That's where the biggest obstacle lay. One of my two classes had a test scheduled during the dates of the trip...but I am me and I will do anything for a good trip so I promptly dropped the class and have since begun researching for the trip. The most exciting part about this particular excursion to Hawaii is that my parents are planning on doing a quick stop over on another island. So while we will get to do all the usual Big Island adventures, we will also get to spend a couple days on Kauai! Let the research begin.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment