"To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted." -- Bill Bryson

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome!

I recently came upon this quote:

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine." ~Caskie Stinnett

which rang true to my heart. I have a constant, unending wanderlust. While I'm no Rick Steves or Samantha Brown (yet), I have had enough traveling experiences to consider myself a 'traveler.' My travels have also given me enough journals full of travel stories to fill this blog for the next year. As it is 2010, I decided that the logical method is to create a blog about them and maybe save myself some paper. Plus, I get to share all my adventures with you! I don't intend to type up my journals from past travels, though I may reference them from time to time, but I would like to share my stories about my experiences and about the planning process (as it is often just as much of an adventure as the traveling itself). So, sit back and enjoy the ride! I'm sure I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment