"To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted." -- Bill Bryson

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Watch out L.A.

So the plane tickets have been purchased. Amazingly we found straight flights between Austin and LAX for only about $320 with all the fees and whatnot. The unusual part (for me at least) is that we will be flying on United. I'm a sworn Continental & JetBlue customer usually, but the cards just fell this way.

Next step: where to stay!

As of this moment we are almost sure that we'll be staying in Manhattan Beach.


View Larger Map
I asked everyone I know who ever lived in L.A. what beach I should stay at. While many suggested various other beaches, almost everyone also mentioned Manhattan Beach. It's not far from the airport, so that should make things easier. More later on what I discover about the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment