"To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted." -- Bill Bryson

Friday, October 8, 2010

San Francisco from a Bird's Eye View

So it's our first morning waking up in San Francisco. Rachel is getting ready for work, her friend Robin is up and about and Sarah has gone back to bed. In SanFran time it's only 8:45am, which is an hour I try not to see in my real life but I suppose in my head it's almost 11am. Anyways, I'm sitting at Rachel's desk which is against her huge bay windows in her room so I'm just peering down at the passers-by and enjoy the fresh chilly air that's coming in. My only want right now is a cup of coffee! While sitting here I have decided upon a plan to fill you in on the San Francisco experience. I was going to try and keep you updated day to day but I realized then that none of my blogs would have pictures to back up the stories. Since I have no way to get my pictures on someone else's laptop, I'd rather wait and do a backlog. But I will write every detail in my journal so I don't forget a thing! I will tell you our plans for today and give you the official list of things that Sarah and I MUST DO before leaving.

Today we're going hiking somewhere called Muir Woods for a bit before having lunch and then heading off to NAPA VALLEY! While it will be nice to see the Redwoods again while hiking, I am just way more excited about going to Napa. The Redwoods are beautiful, but I've seen them. I've also seen Napa...but I was somewhere around 13 at the time so I didn't care. Seeing as how I work with wine now, it will be a lot more special this time around.

Here are the things we MUST DO:
Me: drink Irish Coffee, eat really good oysters, and go to the Ghirardelli factory/museum
Sarah: walk/ride bikes across the Golden Gate bridge.

I think we can handle all of those things! I'll let you know if we do.

1 comment:

  1. I also want to go to the Castro and get some film from Castro Camera. I want to take you to Haight and Ashbury. And I might want to go back to the arcade museum on the pier.

    ReplyDelete